We are CLOSED for submissions at present. Please note any submissions received will NOT be read.
What we are looking for WHEN WE REOPEN:
Eagle Books is all about adventure and we want well-written stories that grip the reader and are impossible to put down!
We are looking for stories with strong characters, good pacing and a great story. Our editors are partial to cosy elements and food, but they aren’t essential.
- Stories up to 80 000 words for readers 11+
- Must be adventure stories
What we DON’T want
- Stories that are obviously for teaching kids a lesson — morals are fine, just don’t shove them down our throats
- Anything that we’ve read before
- Picture book submissions
- Illustration submissions
Please read our submission guidelines (below) and email your submission to email@example.com.
- The stories cannot have been previously published
- Submissions MUST be sent as an attached word document — no PDFs
- Please put Eagle Books in the subject line
- 10pt, double spaced, no indents, in Times New Roman or other normal font
- Attach a synopsis — no more than 300 words
- Please include a short bio about yourself in your cover letter
- You can submit as many times as you like, but please send each one separately
- Please check your spelling and punctuation! We have a very fussy editor who picks on things like that.
- Only open to Australian residents